Thursday, May 24, 2007

In Fahrenheit 451, Guy Montag is very unhappy. He doesn't realize his unhappiness until he meets his 17 year old neighbor. I think that there are many different reason's why he is unhappy. One is that he doesn't have any kids and maybe he wants them but his wife doesn't. Another reason could be because of what Clarisse tells him about the past. He may want to believe her but he knows that he can't because of the society he lives in. He may also disagree with the laws that all the books must be approved. Also, from what I have read so far, Montag's wife seems very unappreciative and very self centred. She seems to want to spend all of the money that he makes before he even makes it. I know that if I was married to someone like that I would be miserable.

No comments: